The LHC School-Based Wellness Case Manager (Case Manager) must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university/college (social work, community counseling, marriage and family counseling, psychology, etc.). The Case Manager must be in good standing with the Department of Professional Regulations. Case Manager must have a minimum of two years of service experience working with children/families. Case Manager must be eligible to work with children and in public school settings, as evidenced by a criminal background check; possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; has strong organizational and professional writing skills; have strong communication skills; have knowledge of community resources; strong advocacy skills; has experience providing case management services for individual and families; have experience working on human service teams; and have experience with electronic clinical files and basic computer skills. The Case Manager cannot have any pending or current professional, ethical or criminal activity which would limit or prevent the applicant from carrying out expected duties.
Under the clinical supervision of the Licensed Clinician, the primary role of the Case Manager is to act as a clinical support provider in an integrative school-based wellness setting. Through the use of clinical and administrative supervision, case management skills, effective written and verbal communication, organizational and research skills, and on-going professional development skill development, the Case Manager provides direct support and administrative support services under the clinical supervision of a Licensed Clinician and administrative direction of the Site Administrator for prevention and intervention services at a LHC site. The Case Manager plays a critical role is engagement of formal and informal support persons (collateral contacts), gathering important client-system information, advocacy for clients, and reducing health disparities for clients through consultation for external referrals and follow up. The Case Manager engages in professional development and supports the professional development of clinical and clinical support colleagues. The Case Manager adheres to Federal, State, and Local Codes, Regulations, and Ethical Standards & Guidelines. Case Manager uses evidenced-based and evidenced informed practices to promote appropriate case management and access to affordable, accessible, and appropriate services for students promote optimum opportunities for health and social functioning for clients and their families within the Community and School-based settings. Case Manager reports directly to Site Administrator (Primary) and Clinical Manager (Senior Administrator).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: ￼
- Provide case management for SBW cases through the direct and indirect support services for individual, family, group service under the supervision of a Licensed Clinician at a LHC SBW site(s).
- Provide direct case management and clinical support services for eligible clients as designated by service plans.
- Provide guidance and case coordination with clinical team, families, teachers, and other collateral contacts.
- Provide researched information to clinical team and families about internal and external clinical and social service resources in support of client-system wellness.
- Review referral forms to support the eligibility for client access to SBW services.
- Conduct wellness checks with eligible and pending clients.
- Support the completion of behavioral observations.
- Group co-facilitation.
- Support the maintenance of LHC clinical files and database(s).
- Submit all clinically related documents/deliverables (within deliverable timelines) related to electronic and other clinical record entries to Licensed Clinician.
- Participate in LHC all mandatory meetings, trainings, professional development workshops, and professional supervision.
- Facilitate, coordination and/or collaborate with client access to appropriate resources and referrals.
- Conduct or support peer chart reviews and participate in clinical peer consultation.
- Facilitate and/or provide educational and support information sharing session for client system(s), school system(s), and LHC staff, as coordinated with Licensed Clinician and management.
- Maintain professional interactions with LHC partners and other professional contacts based on LHC values, Professional Codes of Ethic(s), and host site guidelines during work hours and/or while conducting organizational related business.
- Uphold professional and ethical standards of conduct based on policies of LHC, the Colonial School District, Federal, State, and Local Regulations, Professional Codes of Ethics Codes, and other professional guidelines.
- Adhere to all values, policies, procedures, and guidelines defined, outlined, and implied in the LHC Policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Case Manager will report directly to the designated Site Administrator. The Case Manager will function under the clinical supervision of a Master’s Level Clinician (preferably licensed). Case manager is able to conduct shadowing opportunities for interns under the supervision of a Licensed or Master’s Level Professional.