The LHC School-Based Wellness Master’s Level Clinician must possess an active professional license in the State of operations (as determined by the Department of Professional Regulations), possess a master’s degree or higher from an accredited university/college (social work, community counseling, marriage and family counseling, psychology, etc.). The Master’s Level Clinician must be in good standing with the Department of Professional Regulations. The Master’s Level Clinician must have a minimum of two years of service experience working with children/families. The Master’s Level Clinician must be eligible to work with children and in public school settings, as evidenced by a criminal background check; possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; has strong organizational and professional writing skills; have strong communication skills; have knowledge of community resources; strong advocacy skills; has experience providing case management services for individual and families; have experience working on human service teams; and have experience with electronic clinical files and basic computer skills. The Master’s Level Clinician cannot have any pending or current professional, ethical or criminal activity which would limit or prevent the applicant from carrying out expected duties.
Under the clinical supervision of the Licensed Clinical Supervisor, the primary role of the Master’s Level Clinician is to provide clinical assessment, direct clinical care with individual and group intervention, clinical follow up, and clinical and social service referrals (as appropriate). Provide services in a School-based clinical setting for parent consented youth, group facilitation, case-oversight and leadership, case supervision with a master’s level or bachelor’s level case manager. LHC Clinician in training uses evidenced-based and evidenced informed practices to promote appropriate clinical direction, which support optimum social functioning of referred clients and their families within the community and school-based settings using a holistic approach to integrative health care.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct clinical support services for eligible clients as designated by service plans.
- Provide guidance and case coordination with clinical team, families, teachers, and other collateral contacts.
- Provide researched information to clinical team and families about internal and external clinical and social service resources in support of client-system wellness.
- Review referral forms to support the eligibility for client access to SBW services.
- Conduct wellness checks with eligible and pending clients.
- Support the completion of behavioral observations.
- Assess social/emotional strengths and needs of client/family to support engagement in age-appropriate, accessible, and affordable short-term and long-term goals.
- Support the maintain LHC clinical files and database(s).
- Submit all clinically related documents/deliverables (within deliverable timelines) related to electronic and other clinical record entries to Licensed Clinician.
- Participate in LHC all mandatory meetings, trainings, professional development workshops, and professional supervision.
- Facilitate, coordination and/or collaborate with client access to appropriate resources and referrals.
- Conduct or support peer chart reviews and participate in clinical peer consultation.
- Facilitate and/or provide educational and support information sharing sessions for client system(s), school system(s), and LHC staff, as coordinated with Licensed Clinician and management.
- Maintain professional interactions with LHC partners and other professional contacts based on LHC values, Professional Codes of Ethic(s), and host site guidelines during work hours and/or while conducting organizational related business.
- Uphold professional and ethical standards of conduct based on policies of LHC, the Colonial School District, Federal, State, and Local Regulations, Professional Codes of Ethics Codes, and other professional guidelines.
- Adhere to all values, policies, procedures, and guidelines defined, outlined, and implied in the LHC Policies.
- Meet with clients for individual, group and/or family therapy sessions.
- Maintain clinical record including intake information, treatment plan(s), clinical progress, and other documents within the clinical record.
- Participate in planning and follow up consultation with LHC Case manager and medical staff.
- Communicate clinical interventions and other client related activities within a reasonable timeframe.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Master’s Level Clinician will report directly to the designated Site Administrator. The Master’s Level Clinician will function under the clinical supervision of the LHC Clinical Supervisor.