POSITION OVERVIEW: The LHC (Life Health Center) Social Services & Health Benefits Coordinator is a vital role within an organization that focuses on assisting, supporting, and advocating for individuals and families in need of social services and health-related benefits. This position plays a crucial role in connecting clients with appropriate resources and ensuring they receive the necessary support to improve their quality of life and overall well-being.
QUALIFICATIONS: The LHC Social Services & Health Benefits Coordinator must be compassionate, willing, and able to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse, etc. Cases will be handled by phone, in person, or virtually. The ideal candidate will have oversight in assessing client needs, gathering relevant information about their cases, contacting and making referrals to other agencies. This position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human services, social work, or related field.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in record keeping.
- Experience in applying laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Knowledge of health or human services support such as interviewing clients and assessing personal, health, social or financial needs in accordance with program requirements or coordinating with community resources to obtain client services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts interviews and assessments to determine clients’ needs, eligibility, and existing social service and health benefit coverage.
- Gathers relevant information about clients’ circumstances and challenges to create personalized assistance plans.
- Collaborates with external agencies and organizations to provide a comprehensive network of support services for clients.
- Provides information and referral services to enable clients to meet individual needs.
- Helps clients overcome barriers to accessing services or benefits by providing necessary support and advocacy.
- Informs individuals and stays current with available Federal, State, and local programs/services. Acts on behalf of individual or group to obtain services if necessary.
- Provides guidance on navigating health insurance policies, coverage options, and enrollment procedures.
- Maintains accurate records and prepare reports of all requests for services and classifies them.
- Knowledge of social services, health benefit programs, and community resources.
- Participates in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Monitors clients’ progress and follow up on their well-being regularly to ensure their needs are being met effectively.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of social service and health benefit programs within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Social Services & Benefits Health Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Administrator, Operations.