School Based Wellness Registered Nurse is responsible for the care and the supervision of all camp related medical services. This care includes, ensuring injured, sick, or those with pre-existing conditions (Such as Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy…) are cared for. This care includes medication management, parent/guardian communication, patient medical file management and record keeping. In addition to safely securing and storing medication and first aid kits.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Delaware (current)
- BLS certified
- At Least 1 year of experience working with children and youth
- 21 years of age or older
- Knowledge and ability to abide HIPAA Regulations and can maintain health forms in compliance with HIPPA regulations.
- Ability to secure and administer all medications as prescribed
- Ability to confidentially make decisions based on the wellbeing of the child and withholding the integrity of the organization.
- Must have excellent communication skills when communicating, with clients, staff, and parents/guardians
- Assist in organizing patient Health office
- Making sure inventory is supplied and maintained as needed.
- File and maintain insurance forms, emergency contact forms, health forms in proprietary software
- Keep a daily log of camper or staff office visits. Assist in providing staff and patient Health office orientation