You will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/wellness center. You will support doctors, nurse practitioners and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Verify patient insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services.
- Check with patients and type up patients’ charts.
- Assist during medical examinations.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Handle receivable and payable accounts and keep financial records.
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments.
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant or medical secretary.
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Degree in medical assistance
Related keywords: medical assistant, healthcare
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $35,000 – $55,000
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vital signs: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- Multiple locations