School Based Health Center Mental Health Clinician
QUALIFICATIONS: The LHC School-based Clinician (SBC) must possess a clinical professional license and possess a master’s degree or higher in one of the related behavioral health fields (social work, community counseling, marriage and family counseling, psychology, etc.). The SBC must have a minimum of three years of work experience with children/families, be eligible to work with children within school-based and community-based settings as evidenced by a criminal background check, possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, literacy in Microsoft Office applications, and experience using electronic clinical files.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary role of the LHC Clinician is to provide clinical assessment, clinical follow up, and clinical and social service referrals (as appropriate) in a School-based clinical setting, grades K-5. The Clinician will participate in group facilitation, case-oversight and leadership, case supervision with a master’s level or bachelor’s level case manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with clients for individual, group and/or family therapy sessions.
- Assess social/emotional strengths and needs of client/family to support engagement in age-appropriate, accessible, and affordable short-term and long-term goals.
- Review Case management needs of the child/family.
- Write safety, behavioral, and treatment plans.
- Develop and maintain clinical/data records.
- Consult with clinical staff to coordinate service delivery.
- Provide clinical interventions for teachers, parents, and other caregivers to generalize skills in other environments.
- Produce forms to meet necessity of client, organization, community and families.
- Provide emergency clinical intervention as needed.
- Communicate clinical intervention and other client related activities to those necessary.
- Participate in required and relevant professional development workshops and trainings.
- Maintain LHC policies on confidentiality as governed by HIPAA/FERPA.
- Maintain professional interactions with LHC partners and other professional contacts.
- Supervise and Develop Clinicians in Training for 1-4 hours per week.
- Uphold professional and ethical standards of treatment and the joint missions of LHC, the Colonial School District, and professional ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.