QUALIFICATIONS: The LHC (Life Health Center) Billing & Collection Specialist I must have experience in administrative support or general bookkeeping and possess a high school diploma or higher. The Billing Specialist I must have a minimum of one year of service experience working in billing or collections. The Billing & Collection Specialist I must have great attention to detail, some understanding of medical coding, pass a criminal background check; have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; possess strong communication and organizational skills; have good customer service skills; possess the ability to remain calm and helpful under pressure; be able to maintain confidentiality per policy and have experience with electronic clinical files and basic computer skills.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Billing Manager, the primary role of the Billing & Collection Specialist I is to process/collect payments, resolve overdue bills from individuals or businesses responsible for the debt. Answer time sensitive messages from customers or patients regarding their payment options and upcoming deadlines. Engage in conversations over the phone to receive their payment information and answer questions. Create statements: send out payment notices and check receipts to ensure they receive the correct amount of payment from a customer or patient. Review all billing remittance advices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review invoices and billing materials to be sent directly to insurance carrier.
· Input payment history, upcoming payment information or other financial data into The Life Health Center database.
· Identify accounts with overdue payments and keep records of the amount owed as well as the length of the delinquency.
· Maintain accurate and updated information on client accounts and payments.
· Send notices to overdue accounts
· Reach out to customers with unpaid debt and attempt to collect them.
· Delete old accounts and clean up files
· Compile reports on delinquent accounts for management.
· Translate medical code
· Process all information in STI.
· Calculate and track various Life Health Center financial statements.
· Aid in reporting and calculating bill totals.
· Communicate with Providers and medical staff to ensure all information is accurate.
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all information.
· Assist with any/all Billing and Collection issues as instructed by the Billing Manager.
· Performs other job-related duties, as necessary.